Help! EDP 5.0 copy goes into multiply mode

I just got the 5.0 software for my Echoplex Digital
Pro.  I really got it for the Copy feature & to get
rid of "pops & clicks".   Otherwise my version 3.1
worked great.

My question: I record a rhythm type loop in #1 loop &
then when I press "NEXT LOOP" on the footpedal...it
goes to the next loop & copies, but it also goes into
the MULTIPLY MODE.  I can press the multiply button to
stop the multiply feature.  Can somebody please help?
Thanks,