Pre and Post sampling a loop (read on)

Hey y'all-
  I had this idea the other night about how my dream looper would work.
It
would sit there recording material and filling up its buffer with the last
few seconds of sound it heard.  Then when the record button is pressed, it
saves say the last 100ms of sound just before the button-press (call this
segment A).  Then, when the loop is closed (say by pressing the record
button again), it saves 100ms more data after the button press(call this
segment B).  It would then ramp up the volume smoothly of segment A and
overdub this onto the end of the loop - leading into the beginning.  It
would then ramp down the volume of segment B and add it to the beginning
of
the loop - easing out of the ending.  With this teqnique, a really smooth
loop could be created without any blip at the transition point.
  Of course in an ideal world there would be full control over how much
pre
and post sampling would be done and what kind of volume fading would be
used.
  Maybe there is already a way to do this?  If not, how about adding this
the next EDP software upgrade:)
bye-
jon