OT: 'pendantic standing ovations'

In this increasingly fascinating and meandering 'off topic' thread,

Paul Reisler wrote:
"i suppose it's part of my own wierdness that i enjoy watching people look
around
quizzically when i  .........create my own STANDING OVATION with an
applause
patch."

Simran Gleason responded:
"pendantic," from my American Standard Dictionary of Malapropisms,
    is the ictological variant of pendant, meaning of or pertaining to
    LITTLE HANGIE THINGS THAT SWINGS BACK AND FORTH, back and forth."

and I just have to add (because the connection is so wierd and appropriate:

    A few years ago,   a wonderful multi-reedist, Gary Regina, and I got a
duet looping gig at, of all things, a local nudist club in the
Santa Cruz Mountains.   Clothing was optional for both us and the sweet
people we were playing for and it was the middle of the winter so everyone
who showed up for this night concert of ours was wearing full clothing.
All, that is,  except for this one very enthusiastic older gentleman who
was
wearing a shirt, a jacket and absolutely nothing else below the waist.
We were very well recieved and responding to the thunderous applause (not
sampled ;-), I turned to Gary and said,  "Geez,  I've never recieved a
Dangling Ovation before."
 Pu-dum-pum!

Rick Walker (loop.pool)