disrespecting softwares

I'd thought I was going to have to jump in on this one- - - but Goodman
said
it all. Thanks.
===

Eh. Ok. I'll indulge in one thing;

How about the *reverse pirating*? When software, like Internet Explorer or
Real Player, uses every trick in the book [completely unethical, if novel]
to maximize their *profit* at user's expense [by knocking out other
default
program's, for instance]? How many millions are made this way?

We all need to think this stuff through [I don't mean that patronizingly.
mean, we're in a paradigm shift]. As I've said before, I'm not sure anyone
SHOULD own rights to copy, for instance, woodprints [and certainly not 200
years later]. If a guy wants to carve a log, make 16 prints, thrown the
wood
away and charge a fortune for the prints- fine. But if someone wants to
create something, distribute it universally, do everything they can to
make
in invaluable, lock the original *woodblock* in a safe rather than destroy
it, re-define what own/lease means, re-define what a *promise* is [IS a
click a promise? I click on what makes an image appear on my screen]- - -
and then tells me, *By the way, I retain ownership and you're a worthless
thief if you give this disc to your secretary*, well, I ENJOY beating
lawyers out of their claim to Shakespeare's royalties. It's a wacky,
irrational, unfair claim.

Mixing my metaphors here, I know, but, if that woodblock is in a safe
somewhere, my woodprint isn't really worth anything- and who is pirating
who?

See you in a couple months.
Robb

=====
MP3's for Robbingham [Robert Eberwein & Robb Bingham]at:
www.mp3s.com/robbingham
=====