Question for Allan Hoeltje

Title: Question for Allan Hoeltje
Allan --
Do you take your EDP's to gigs?  I have mine in a rack bag with some other gear -- am wondering if having it banged around in the back of taxis could possibly have unseated the SIMMS or EPROMS.

I am courious how a non-moving part that is snugly plugged into a socket
becomes dirty.  Should all electronic gizmos with computer memory be
periodically opened up and cleaned?  Seems dubious to me!

-Allan
(with 2 uncleaned EDP's still working fine)