Re: LOOPING FESTIVAL CALL TO ARMS!!!

Title: Re: LOOPING FESTIVAL CALL TO ARMS!!!
At 2:58 AM -0700 7/28/01, Rick Walker (loop.pool) wrote:

My thinking has been to create some high profile (to the media, at least) specific looping events to create the conciousness in the musical community of the emergence and legitmacy of live looping as a viable new artform...I think we should all think seriously about gathering three loopers (including from outlying areas) and putting on our own Regional Looping Festivals.

Yesterday was the first anniversary party for the Los Angeles chapter of American Composers Forum. One topic of discussion was how to involve exponents of Electronica, DJ, Looping, etc. We're interested in collaborating with presenters in Los Angeles area, and we're hoping to put together a festival sometime in the coming years. Our organization is well-established on a national level, with a number of programs, our own CD label, etc.

Check out our Web site:

http://www.composers.la/

Also the main ACF site:

http://www.composersforum.org/