Re: sounds in your head [another view of tinitus]

What I always found most interesting in meditation were those moments when
I would
be jolted by the sound of very loud gong-like tones.  They sounded
identical to
'real' sounds out in the world but they came only from inside my head.

It always struck me as an example of the brain/mind's power to recreate
sensorially 'real' experiences with no external stimulus (much like
dreaming).  If
only I could tap THAT as my primary instrument :-)

Its like Hendrix said once (and I paraphrase)

"Its such a drag playing with these strings and all so tonight I'm just
going to
play like they're not there"

Kevin