Re: Looping pads and ambient sounds / likely repeater correction

dt writes,

>>With Repeater, you'll need to start with a blank loop already set up, as
>>Repeater doesn't currently allow you to end record with overdub.
>not true!
>with repeater in 'overdub', hit 'record', then 'record' again.
>also:
>hitting 'record' whilst a new loop is 'cued' will put the new loop
>immediately into 'record'.
>best,
>dt / s-c

This is an interesting point, certainly my feet or fingers aren't fast
enough to end recording by pushing record, then enter overdub by pushing it
again without introducing a noticeable gap, the very thing I'm trying to
eliminate. But, you guys out there with fancy midi control pedals could
program something that would spit the above control sequence out very fast
indeed... I'd be curious to hear how well that works...

And while replying to dt I have to say he was 100% right about the
pitch/time function on Repeater being a source of fascinating timbres. I'm
beginning to find some great blurbling, grinding, twittering sounds slowly
evolving down in these regions! An added bonus with ultra-slow,
pitchshifted up sounds in the range of 1 to 25 BPM is to feed 'em into a
long reverb, instant Jovian atmosphere drones!

Best-

Mark