Re: Re:Slightly OT, (or is it ?) - mouse to midi ?

Hi Gareth!

> Does anyone know of a utility that converts mouse movements, (computer
mouse
> obviously - not rodent droppings) to midi info ?
> I'm thinking of trying to convert my laptop mousepad into a sort of kaos
pad
> type of thing without spending any money.

I downloaded something like that a while back.  It converts mouse movements
to MIDI CC commands.  It seems to work really well.  When I get home
tonight
I'll see what it is and let you know.

I set it up to control a couple of Shepard's Tone generators in Kyma.  It's
a four channel Sound with one tone in front (typically continously
descending) and one in back (typically continously ascending).  I then
rotate both sounds among the four speakers, keeping them 180 degrees apart.
I wanted to create an audio vortex.  The mouse controls the various
parameters (rotation rate, glide rate, etc).  As you roll the mouse it
changes things, not always in a predictable manner.  Great fun!  And it
really clears out the studio, let me tell ya!

Dennis Leas
dennis@mdbs.com