Re: Controlling Repeater by MIDI... a BUG?

At 11:30 PM 9/18/2001, Barry M wrote:
ummm...manual....page 24....

ummm...no.

manual:
"Pressing Record when a loop is cued will ***immediately*** begin
recording
to the new loop location" (my empahsis)

Mark:
"The main thing I need to do is cue up a new loop and have it
automatically
go into record ****when my current loop is over.****"   (my empahsis again)

notice the difference? I think poor Mark has asked this question about
Repeater about nine times and people keep saying it can be done. Well,
Mark, it doesn't work on my Repeater either, and the manual also doesn't
say it does what you want. When I press record it switches loops
immediately and starts recording, same as you experience. it does not wait
for the current loop to finish.

For you echoplex familiar people, this is the same as using the
SwitchQuant
function so that loops switch at the end of the current loop, and either
having autorecord on so that it is automatically recording when you get to
the new loop, or pressing record during the waiting period so that you can
choose to go into record when the loop switches. Very handy when you are
doing more structured music and you want things to be switching very
precisely on the beat while you are simultaneously playing live. If I
remember right, does the jamman do something like this too?

kim