Re: Controlling Repeater by MIDI... a BUG?

Kim Flint wrote: When I press record it switches loops

> immediately and starts recording, same as you experience. it does not
>wait
> for the current loop to finish......
>  If I
> remember right, does the jamman do something like this too?
>
> kim

It sure does Kim, it sure does.  The only reason I've asked 9 times (my
how time
flies!) is because people keep coming forward and saying, "sure it does
it, it's
easy."  Well, it doesn't and currently Electix has made no mention if it
will
ever be a feature.  It doesn't seem like a big deal, but I really have no
idea
what it takes.  My programming skills end with a little Java Script and
Lingo.
My C++ skills started going downhill after "print "Hello World""  If you
need
animation in AfterEffects or Flash, I'm your man, but don't ask for much
programming.  I sure do like the fact that guys like Kim and Matthias
exist.  I
sure am.

I've also discovered that my workaround goes out the window when you switch
between loops while in MIDI synch mode.  If you're going to cue up an old
loop to
play, you had better make sure you're in "user" synch mode.  One positive
thing
is that with all the extra steps that need to happen to make it function
like I
want it to, I'm in no danger of over playing as I often seem to.  Keeps it
nice
and minimal.

Mark Sottilaro