Re: art with instructions

In some ways I'm opposed to art with instructions, but consider:

Theo van Doesburg discusses the need to explain what de Stijl was
about--people (in his opinion) didn't have the aesthetic tools to
appreciate
the abstract art that was bursting upon the scene in the teens/twenties of
the previous century.  Kandinsky's seminal works on art also serve as a
sort
of primer on such matters.  Of course, now we are all accustomed to
seeing/judging/appreciating abstract art, & we don't need a freakin' manual
to appreciate a Kandinsky.   But I would not be surprised to see an
artistic
movement arise in the coming days that would involve a different enough way
of seeing that instructions would be helpful.

& in the more general sense, aren't art/music appreciation classes
basically
instruction manuals for enjoying art?