Re: conceptual art and improvisation

Daniel wrote:
> that's a great: what is it? I don't know what it is. It is abstract.
You got it.
don't classify music and don't classify art (sorry for the "donts")
just feel them
there are people who don't feel anything behind a Kandisky, a Klee, a ....
Brian Eno ....
do you really think these abstract representations are still:
(Daniel Words):
>abstraction is an understandable but snobbish
>caracterisaion f a music that doesn't respond to know standards of Pop or
>chamber or jazz music.
>Usually music instruments that are electrically and
>electronically encased in effects usually stop by a road where they will
>be
>called abstract before being called somethingelese such as psychedelic.

I'd go back to what Matthias wrote regarding his reaction to Hermeto
Pasqual
that reminded me when
I was at Derek Bailey's and we were talking about a musician.
Derek was disappointed by the fact that while they were playing
he could clearly listen that he was repeating himself; he wasn't
improvising
with real freedom.
his words captured me and put me in a very introspective mood.
Is improvisation a discipline ?
or is improvisation a medium ?
I feel I agree with the second definition.
also i think that some arts' representations put yourself in discussion
(please any good italian/american help me if i'm translating bad)
this is where the most of the abstract art goes.
The message is not in the object; it is inside you and you just have to
feel
it.
I think that a lot of us loopers have being told "your music would be a
very
nice soundtrack" or something similar.
I usually reply: you just have to close your eyes.
Remember that some people is afraid of the darkness....
luca