RE: Loopers-Delight-d Digest V01 #570

This was what I suggested before--I am currently using the PMC-10 with two
pedal controllers so I can control feedback and volume thru MIDI, and I
still have the FV-70 pedal I ordered when I purchased the Echoplex, so I
could use it in delay mode and still have control over loop volume.  What
other differences are there in delay mode (besides the overdub button
having
the opposite function)?
Gary (looking hard at the PC1600x)

Kim explained:
I think delay mode on the echoplex will do what you want. Delay mode is
almost exactly like loop mode with a few minor distinctions. One of them is
that the expression pedal input on the back controls input volume to the
loop instead of feedback like it normally does. (the front panel feedback
knob still does feedback. Using the foot volume control into a delay line
is actually pretty useful itself, but that is a different story.)

Insert and Multiply still work the same in delay mode as they do in loop
mode. So what you could do is, use a pedal in the expression jack. Whenever
you want to do your multiply without any audio added, put the echoplex into
delay mode. (you can switch it on the fly while loops are going, if you
need to.) Then just turn the loop input volume down and do your multiply or
insert. Then turn it back up again whenever you want to add stuff to the
loop. This even gives you the flexibility to decide any time, even in the
middle of a multiply, when you want to be adding audio or not, while
playing continuously. so as you are doing the multiply or insert, you could
be grabbing snippets of whatever you happened to be playing at the time and
throw it into the loop, using the foot control.

To Andy's request: