electro-drum

another thing to bear in mind:
if you have a home recording setup, or one of the less-robust PAs, the introduction of electronic drums into the system should also be the day you FINALLY fuse your speakers.

yes, you should have done this long ago, but
now, you'll be replacing either the fuses or the speakers.

a lot.

re: trigger mech's - if you're looking for a gut-bucket solution, try the "dr pads" made by roland.
you can use them to interface a cleap practice-pad set (ie, as made by remo) dressed with a few
tape-on external triggers to make a kit that will trigger any midi-capable drum sounds.

of course, you'll STILL want to use real cymbals...

kang, kang!

a:c

on Mon, 22 Oct 2001 14:38:08 -0500
"Mike McGary" <mcgary@metronet.com>

...wisely opined

One thing to watch out for when switching to electronic drums
live: guitarists. Guitarists (you know who you are) LOVE to keep
cranking the volume as the hour grows late during a gig. With an
accoustic kit...the drummer just starts hitting harder to keep
up. When you play electronics...you reach a max velocity and it
doesn't get any louder. So you are back there hitting harder and
harder to try and keep your volume up...and it's not helping. You
are just wearing yourself out. Sounds silly (why not grab the
volume knob and turn yourself up?)...but I've had this happen
to me, and several people I've played with on V-Drums and the TrapKat.
You just get exhausted until you get used to backing off and not trying
to play harder to play louder.
<

++++++++
just what the world needs....