Re: EDP hardware (2 EDPs)

>Having just gotten the second EDP, I'm still working things out.
>
>What I've done so far is get a cheap AB switch to put between the EFC-7
>and
>the EDPs. (A note for anyone else doing this: Spend a little more money
>than
>I did and get a footswitch with LEDs to tell you which channel is active.)
>
>I suspect that there will be functions that I wish I could get to a little
>more quickly than the AB switch allows -- e.g., dedicated mute switches --
>but I'm going to have to see how that works out.

sounds good!
Either you use a double contact switch with the typical resistors for
Mute in series (as on LD) or some buffering, because if you use a
single contact with two resistors to each plex, those build a bridge
when the button is not pressed.
I can say more about this if someone really does it.

>I'm also positioning my
>rack where I can reach it while playing.
>
>My plan had been to use separate feedback pedals for each unit, but right
>now I'm fighting with the fact that the new unit seems to have trouble
>with
>my EV-5s even though the old unit works perfectly with them.

I am very sorry for this, but cannot tell what the problem is. It
looks like a waranty replacement case. Maybe some wrong resistor
value or a solder bridge... I wonder how this escaped from our
marvelous automatic autotest program?

--

          ---> http://Matthias.Grob.org