Re: basic loops

At 4:33 AM -0400 5/9/02, SoundFNR@aol.com wrote:

>Home made short cassette loops do actually work, but if you try to
>record on to them there's always a dropout due to the distance
>between the record and erase heads.

This may not apply to Portastudio decks, since they're designed to
allow punching in and out. I haven't tried this myself, though.

It's possible to defeat the erase head. This might eliminate the
dropout but will replace it with a "drop-in" as new material is
recorded over the old without erasure. I might be an interesting
effect, though (if you're into an analog glitch aesthetic).

Richard Zvonar, PhD
(818) 788-2202
http://www.zvonar.com
http://RZCybernetics.com