Re: Pay attention

> Mark Sottilaro wrote:
>
> So I say, don't be paid attention to.  Have your music paid attention
to... or
> not.  Make an acoustic environment.  Have your music be the star.  That's
what DJs
> do.  I've never heard a DJ complain that they weren't being watched.  Why
are we?

Mark, you bring up an interesting point!  Its funny, I've had gigs where
the
audience shows up, sits in chairs and patienly and politely watches and
"pretends" to listen to what I'm doing/what the band is doing.  Many
musicians wish they could do this more, and there are times when this works
great, but for me the most rewarding gigs have been when people are there
Dance/Socialize/Mingle and my music is able to provide the perfect
atmosphere for that.  If people want to sit down and listen, they do, and I
find they end up apreciating my music a lot more this way.
Jon