Re: Loopfest - the opaque veil of technology

Patrick Bolan wrote:

> Many of the acts at the Portland Loopfest were more "performance art".

I can appreciate that.

> Hearing wave upon wave of amorphous withering masses of sound, including
> unintentional (?) feedback, screaming, and cursing, was overpowering.

For me, wave upon wave of amorphous withering masses of sound can be pretty
moving. I remember one particular performance which could rightly be
referred to
using that description. At first, it grated on my nerves, but as I
listened and
got into it, I started feeling the surge of the ocean, wave after wave of
sound,
each with a little different mixture of contents. Still abrasive, and still
leaving me on the edge of my seat a bit for the entire work, but leaving me
feeling strangely refreshed when it was over. I consider that a successful
endeavor and one which I was very glad I witnessed. I would not hesitate to
attend this man's performances again.

Greg