RE: Loopfest - the opaque veil of technology

Dgoat,

Of all the replies to my original posting, yours is one I have been
waiting for.  The thoughtful dialogue here has given me pause to think
about my own construct of music.  I cannot say that the "exploration" I
heard at the loopfest was articulate, but maybe in some way it was
wonderful...

Were I alive in the early 20th century, perhaps I would have been one of
those rioting in protest after Stravinski's inaugural performance of the
Firebird Suite!

In my own music creations, I take great satisfaction in the refinement
of it.  The notion that mistakes are allowed (maybe even encouraged?) is
tough for me.  Even though I too have a grad degree, my approach
probably has more to do with who I am than what my own particular
educational.

Next time you do the PDX fest, I'll be there.  I'll listen for what you
are talking about....

Thanks!