Re: EDP Brothersync...?

> I know a stereo 1/4" cable is the norm for BrotherSync, but what's the
>  best way to go about getting more than two EDP's sync'd up?  I assume
>  some sort of splitter would be the way to get more than two in sync at
>  the same time...?

well I've made a little box which I think
should maybe be called a
BROTHER HUB

just a metal box with 4 (or more!)
stereo jack sockets, all of them
paralleled
( that means all tips together, all rings together and
all earths together)

I made this in anticipation of the recent Norwich UK loopfest,
but there just wasn't a chance to try it out.

Just basic DIY and soldering.

I hear that there are difficulties when more than 2 EDPs
are brothered however, as when 2 or more EDPs are running they
all send the sync pulse. The 3rd EDP can get confused by the
double sync pulse, because even with the first 2 EDPs synced up
there's 2 pulses per cycle.

so....
hey Matthias
would it be possible to modify the "brother hub" with a couple
of diodes so that one EDP could always be master?
(so that any "slave" EDPs only get the cycle end from one "master" EDP)

andy butler