Re: looking for simple live looper not based on tempo....

>--- Evan Meyers <evanmeyers@yahoo.com> wrote:
>>  true, but hitting and holding down a 'hold' button
>>  is virtually the same action as pressing a start and
>>  a stop.
>
>Nah, there's a subtle difference between the two. What
>Dylan's talking about with the old-school DDL-based
>looping (like with the DM-2000, the Digitech Time
>Machines, Korg SDD-1000, etc.) is that when the unit
>is doing its thing and you step on the 'hold' switch,
>it will repeat the *last* cycle that hit it, the loop
>length being dependent on whatever the delay setting
>was. As long as the delay is happening, the loop is
>automatically already open, and you're just
>determining the *close* point. With this sort of
>looping, you cannot overdub onto the loop. And you
>don't have to hold the button down; a regular ol'
>momentary-contact switch will trigger it with one tap
>(unless you're using something like a DD-3...).

We offer such function in the EDP as "Rehearse"
Set InsertMode to "rhr" (default)
Set the loop lenght with RECORD-INSERT and it will keep repeating once.
As soon as you are happy with the last cycle, press INSERT to keep it
"frozen" or press OVERDUB to keep overdubbing...
If you have a pedal connected and are in Stu mode (only LOOP4), you
can set the FB separately, just for the Rehearse phase.
--

          ---> http://Matthias.Grob.org