Re: Loopers-Delight-d Digest V03 #56

> "SAD1024
>  1024 stage, capacitor "bucket brigade" audio frequency delay chip.

100mS delay @ 5kHz bandwidth for each chip.
...or something like that.

but standard practice was to run 2 chips in parallel, each
delaying the same signal, but out of phase.
this was so they could be mixed back together
(with phase on one chip again reversed) so that
you could cancel out the clock noise.

Biggest number of SAD1024 (or similar) was in something
called a Carlsboro Mantis Echo
which I think has  8 chips.

where else can you read stuff like this?

:-)

>  next question: does the EDP "read samples" like the repeater and if so
>why
>  does it not have a "pop" at the loop point of a looped sine.

just well engineered and programmed.

there's so little "pop" compared to other loopers
that I always though there was some kind of
crossfade going on at the loop end/start

..but there isn't, just an untreated splice.

andy butler