OT: Re: more on war ...creativity island

on 1/24/03 10:18 AM, Evan Meyers at evanmeyers@yahoo.com wrote:

> with war, there is no winner or loser...just casualties.

For we working folk that is so true.

Maybe we could all pitch in and buy an island somewhere, declare it a
neutral country but only allow incoming visas to friends and family, devise
a means to function as self-sufficient. Grow our own food, make our own
dwelling and clothes, and electricity to run the war chest of music gear
we'd have to bring one of few exceptions :) to the living with what's on
the
island thing - and for which we could bring more by exporting creative
works
or goods we make or grew (without giving up the santicity our the islands'
autonomy). Make up a set of simple rules for peaceful existence based on
caring out others and community, what is right, and compassion too. See how
well a group of people could function with minimal taxes/laws/fees and
fines/ expenses and so on. Could be a loving, supportive, creative  place
in
theory.

it could be a great experiment/success.

Sort of like the exact opposite of that show(survivor and it's copyshows)
that flout the worst part of human nature, support putting everyone against
everyone else to win by any means necessary, to get money, for self, and
all
of it phrased as "winning".

To show there's another, more spiritual "human nature" possible, a
compassionate and creative, community based island would be a great
contrast.

and just live there and enjoy being alive and  hope we don't ever see
mushroom clouds on the far off horizons, but always kind of expect it
eventually in the backs of our minds.