more on war and reasons for war...no loop content (except for the fact that this thread seems to be looping into infinity)

> I respect your view, but for me there's something
> very "funny" about the
> whole thing: like who stood to gain the most from
> this. Hint: whom has
> gained the most from this? The Muslims and Arabs
> here or abroad?
> Afghanistan? The Taliban?

it all really depends on what you mean by gained?  it
seems to me (and i am not a student of politics, so i
may be way off here) that the sole mission of the
attacks (aside from repaying some wonderful US bomb
raids in the 80s) was to destroy or at least cripple
the 'capatalist' way of life which our society is
based on.  we've all heard about life-styles in
afghanistan and other mideastern nations and western
influence poses a huge threat to maintaining their
life-style.

just as the US has pushed its belifes on many nations
over the years, this is there stab to stop that
influence.

i'm from the school where every nation should be free
to choose their own political and social systems, but
unfortunately...with the increased push on the
'globabl economy' things just don't work out right
because standards of living varies so greatly from one
part of the world to another.  it seems to me that it
was a retalliation against the global economy and the
only thing to gain was a slow-down or stop of growth
in that direction.  but it is very hard to see
anything beyond innocent deaths over others' views
when something like that happens in your back yard.

with war, there is no winner or loser...just casualties.