Re: OT: Drum machines an program changes

----- Original Message -----
From: "Mark Sottilaro" <sine@zerocrossing.net>
To: <Loopers-Delight@loopers-delight.com>
Sent: Saturday, July 19, 2003 2:04 PM
Subject: Re: OT: Drum machines an program changes

> On Saturday, July 19, 2003, at 06:58 AM, Paul Sanders wrote:
>
> > Is this standard drum machine implementation or do any of you know
> > about a less restrictive box?
>
> You're asking questions that have been answered for you on this list.
> I'm paying attention to those answers (and providing some) maybe you
> should read them too.  There's always the archives.

Good for you. I seem to have trouble assimilating all the sheer volume of
this list.

I  don't recall asking this particular question because I only just
realized
that limitation.

But, that's OK. I've figured this out on my own.

To respond to Gary's answer to my question:

Using song select isn't an option because the DR-770 doesn't recognize
incoming song select and song position messages if the clock is set to INT,
which is what I need if I'm going to slave the repeater from the 770's
clock.

HOWEVER, there IS a cheaper solution to this so it seems. Musicians Friend
has a MIDI mapper box from Midi Solutions. Here's the web page for it:

http://www.midisolutions.com/prodmap.htm

Doesn't look like it will do the song select message, but I think I can
assign patterns to pads of the 770 and I can send a note on to trigger
that.
For that solution though I should go back to the FCB1010, but then I loose
the alpa display. Tradeoffs, tradeoffs.

So Mark, go take a shit and read  YOUR manuals!  :)

Paul