Re: Ebay (Was Re: Selecting vendors)

OK, here's my question:  What do manufacturers have to gain by this
policy?  My guess is the MOTIF over there is pretty much the same
hardware as the one over here, perhaps with a different display and
Japanese OS.  That in itself might be a big enough pain in the ass to
make a company not want to deal with it.  Could be that Yamaha Japan
and Yamaha US are two totally different companies for legal reasons
that are way beyond this boy.  Even though the gear could come from the
same factory, I bet something screwy goes on like Yamaha Japan has to
sell it to Yamaha US.

Mark Sottilaro