Re: Playing an instrument vs. building an instrument...

>   What I don't understand, is the desire for more and more and more of a
>  "better" something that may not even be defined yet, to create something
>  that one isn't even aware of, and doesn't seem to be going toward now.
>  Dreaming is wonderful and so very important, but this sounds like a very
>  aimless and nameless pseudo-need to me.

hi Cara

>From a software developers' point of view it makes sense
to dream first, and write the code later.
The worst thing to do with a piece of software is set out with
one target in mind, then add stuff afterwards, it actually
makes for more bugs that way.

There have been a lot of good suggestions on this thread,
if anything people have been somewhat restrained.

There's people out there who have a really strong vision
of what they want to achieve with their music, surely
it can't hurt for them to imagine a future technology
that will help them to do this.

If you want to stick with the stuff you have and work with
that, then that's great, that's what that "stuff" is for.
...but don't you ever think

andy butler