Re: Narrowing the field (Re: Currently available looper music webpage)

Well hell! :)  You from Texas, too? :)

Thanks.  Not much to it.  Font's can be fixed, etc.  Didn't spend much time
there.

Right now, the only maintenance that's designed into it, is the
"validating"
of links when they are added.  It would be up to Kim re: keeping it that
way
or not.  I know that with the LD File Library, we tied a login system into
the LD list, so that you can only upload if you are a list subscriber.
That
kind of functionality isn't in this system, and it would be significant
work
to add it.  There are a couple of options:
- let links go in automatically - Kim might not like this because any old
schmo could come along and add a link
- use the current validation system - simple and easy to use - login as an
admin, and you need one click per link to validate them
- tie the privilege of adding a link to LD list membership - like I said, a
good piece of work would have to be done.  Even then, we'd still have to
decide on auto link validation or having people manually validate
- in all cases, it might make sense for Kim to delegate admin privileges to
a trusted few, so that those folks can easily share the load of
occasionally
validating links and/or cleaning up any bogus entries

Agreed - next step is to hear what Kim thinks.  Maybe we should take this
part of the discussion off-list?

But - I think one good round of LD list members looking at these interfaces
and commenting could be done in parallel with that discussion.  So - what
say ye, o brethren of the loop?  Ideas on categorization, the standard
values for "genre" (I remember a recently posted list, that Matthias
pointed
out was lacking?), loopers, instruments, compositional approach, etc.?  Any
other characteristics to use?  Any desire to drop the live vs. pre-recorded
designation?  The compositional approach?  Let's hear it :)

Doug