RE: Jamman Midi Sync

Title: RE: Jamman Midi Sync

>>I'm currently in a project where we use two Mac PowerBooks running Live
in sync (midi) and myself, as musician using a Jamman for treated saxes
and flute. I've used the loop-function to layer sax riffs and this has
worked fine at a couple rehearsals. Yesterday, all of a sudden, it wont
sync to midi. The loop beat starts to drift immediately and after 8-10
bars it's out of sync to almost a 1/32 note. Has anybody experienced
Jamman falling out of midi sync? Has anybody got a solution? (We've got
a major gig on Saturday...)<<

I know you've already tried both of these things, but try them again in case: get something else- a drum machine, w.h.y.- on the end of the same cable and see if it clocks ok.

try another cable.
take the midi-through from the jamman into the w.h.y. and see if the clock is still there. the little light on the front of the jamman flashes like crazy (completely useless for playing along with) when there's an external clock.

neither of mine have ever drifted in this fashion. I'd be looking at the midi interface or the midi settings within the macs (OMS, is it?) rather than the lexicon.

even if you stop the midi clock or yank the cable out, the jamman keeps going at the same speed- I suspect you're not clocking it at all at the moment.

duncan.

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE

The contents of this e-mail are confidential to the ordinary user
of the e-mail address to which it was addressed, and may also
be privileged. If you are not the addressee of this e-mail you may
not copy, forward, disclose or otherwise use it or any part of it
in any form whatsoever.If you have received this e-mail in error,
please e-mail the sender by replying to this message.

It is your responsibility to carry out appropriate virus and other
checks to ensure that this message and any attachments do not
affect your systems / data. Any views or opinions expressed in this
e-mail are solely those of the author and do not necessarily
represent those of MTV Networks Europe unless specifically stated,
nor does this message form any part of any contract unless so stated.

MTV reserves the right to monitor e-mail communications from
external/internal sources for the purposes of ensuring correct
and appropriate use of MTV communication equipment.

MTV Networks Europe