Re: gig fee

Nemoguitt@aol.com wrote:

> what is the going rate for a "live looping" tm. coffee house gig (2-3
>sets) ?

Depends on what night of the week you play.  If you play on the weekend,
you
usually get some combination of flat rate, cover charge and tips.  One
place I
play is a $25 flat rate plus tips (which has run any where between $10 and
$60
depending on performance and crowd response).  Another place charges a $1
cover
plus tips.  Most nights I get between $30-$70 from the cover and again $10
to $60
dollars in tips.
    You might play just for tips on  a weeknight until you gain the owner's
trust.  My advice would be to work on developing a good friendly
relationship
with the owner/booker.  Eventually, you can work modest paying gigs into
great
paying gigs.

Good luck,
John