Boss DD 20 - performance oriented Looper

Hey there fellow loopers

Anyone try out the not-so-brand-new Boss DD 20???

It fits into the LD definition of 'performance looper'... You can loop on
the fly (100 secs)..add to the loop... AND play over the loop WITH any of
the delays (reverse, 'tape', digital, several others). It trumps the DL4 on
that last aspect and others.

I am using it on a current tour - and I have to say it's GREAT for live
performance. Of course it doesn't do everything, nothing does. But - I
throw
it out to anyone looking for a unique twist. I also have many other
loopers,
old Digitech stuff, Electrix, the Line 6 DL4, etc.

What's neat about this is that you can have 4 delay presets (up to 23
secs),
PLUS the 100 sec looper. It's also stereo in and out. So - unlike the DD4 -
you can click over to the looper while playing guitar etc with both hands.

The one 'drawback' I perceived at first, which I'm way over  - is that the
loop will be lost when you stop it. So - if you have a loop you wanna bring
in AND out later.. You'd need to somehow rig up a vol pedal.

Just a heads up, since I didnšt see much on this in the archives. My band
does Zappa, and as a fanatic of looper-based music, a well kept secret is
that Frank was doing extensive looping, all through the mid to late 80s. HE
actualy had 4 or 5 diff units hooked up -rack mount stuff - and would often
create a couple on the fly. We also do some weirdo stuff in the set.

BTW - if we hit yer town - let me know - I can provide a couple tix, first
come first serve, to fellow loop-addicts. My band is Project/Object - with
Ike Willis, Napoleon Murphy Brock and Don Preston - 3 major Zappa band
members. We're Performing The Music Of Frank Zappa all around the USA OCT
10- NOV 23       DETAILS : projectobject.com or email me for the dates.

Cheers!
Andre' Cholmondeley