From: Per Boysen [mailto:per@boysen.se]
Sent: 27 August 2004 11:39
To: Loopers-Delight@loopers-delight.com
Subject: Re: OT: LRAD new sonic technology

On Aug 27, 2004, at 12:15, Suit & Tie Guy wrote:
> yes. it's the same idea that the Nazis were using the 40s.
>
> they had a parabolic sound cannon which fired a 6.5 hz sine wave at
> some obscene dB level that could blow a soldier apart ... if he stood
> still for 4 minutes.

> btw: notice anything particular about that frequency? it's the average

> resonant frequency of the human body, which also happens to fall
> within the 6-7 hz range which we find most musically pleasing for
> vibrato.
>
> coincidence?

Interesting idea, Eric! Now, that must be why Ben Websters tone feels
like tearing me apart inside: It does!!! Guess I survived because I did
move within four minutes ;-)

BTW isn't that range of 6 to 7 hz the range that may trigger an
epileptic reaction if you are disposed for it? I heard of traffic
accidents where people have been driving at sunset through an alley
with trees planted on a row at a distance that happened to create an 6
to 7 hz frequency of sun beam vs shadow. Unfortunate for epileptic
drivers.

And if you go a little lower you reach the frequency of INFRA NOISE
that cause headache and sickness. Infra noise can be generated inside
high buildings by the outside wind or the passing of heavy traffic.

All the best

Per Boysen
---
http://www.boysen.se