From: Kim Flint [mailto:kflint@loopers-delight.com]
Sent: Sunday, August 29, 2004 6:11 PM
To: Loopers-Delight@loopers-delight.com
Subject: RE: EDP displays n id

At 03:02 PM 8/29/2004, Tom Rex wrote:
>I was trying to sync to an external midi clock, using the instructions
>in example 4.1.
>
>The master is a synth, playing several layered arpegiated patches, like
>a bass line, an electronic piano, and it plays for awhile, after it's
>recorded, and then stops.  It might just me an overload?

Most likely there is some problem related to that midi stream. The synth
may
be sending a lot of stuff other than the clock. The echoplex should ignore
stuff not meant for it, so there is still some problem. Maybe the synth
sends some spurious data, or something is nor formatted right, hard to
tell.
If all you need from that midi stream is the clock, you might be able to
set
up the synth to only send clock and nothing else. Or get some external
filter box to filter everything else out.

If you use a PC, the midi-ox program is a great way to check midi data and
debug problems like this.

kim