Re: MIDI pc controller for EDP (was: unrounded multiply question/praise the edp)

On 17 mar 2006, at 12.43, Tony Douglas wrote:

> No, it really was sitting at one pound, forty four pence. I think
> it's one of those things that Roland put out in the late '80s
> because it seemed like a good idea, but everybody else just
> scratched their head at it.

That's marvelous! Thanks for the heads up, I'll check it out.

> Nothing surprises me on price in the great eBay bring'n'buy sale. I
> picked up a fully functional S-770 sampler (£5000 new in the late
> 80s) for £50 the other week.

I had an S-330 for my looping rig in 1991. It was a great live
sampler! Even though the memory was small it would let you program
lots of MIDI mapping setups and access the stored samples in many
different ways: like reading it first in forward direction and then
in reverse direction before reaching the loop point. Perfect for
twisted soundscapes! Especially if you cut one stereo channel sample
a little shorter so the left and right channel would never get back
in time after the very first loop played back.  Not even modern "pro"
software samplers can do this.

Greetings from Sweden

Per Boysen
www.boysen.se (Swedish)