Re: what a loop has to say

Well Kris, that very much depends on where you draw the line of
musicianship, and what you consider music. If it takes ages to set up a
randomization patch, do the scripting for the post-recording sequencing,
and handling the massive amounts of data that is sometimes required
(like in a max/msp patch) is that then still not part of the musical
process?

I believe mr. LaFosse and others would make great use of that one note,
and even though it's just technological tom-foolery it is still highly
musical, and beyond the reach of your average 10-month old.

Most of my looping these days is based on a more-or-less random audio
input, that does not make it less musical, at least to my ears.
Andreas