re: *First Post* need advice on midi sync looper

Welcome to the list -Aaron -

 >>I want a device that will loop audio, quantized, in sync with a midi
time clock.
If the midi clock speeds up (tempo) the looper will speed up too(and
rise in pitch).<<

I'd think you would want the pitch to *not* change when the midi clock
signal speeds up. This allows transitions of all the sync'd instruments
together, and frees you to make incremental time changes without
worrying about what 'key' you're now in. I suspect the fretless guitar
players would be able to navigate these waters, but I'd have a little
trouble with every slight tempo change.

To answer you're question about the Repeater, I have had mine for about
a year.  I'm always sync'd to some device or other, and  it's pretty
stable.  I have had instances when I've had to power down and restart,
but tend to blame the 'upstream' instruments - clocking device, CC data
from a foot controller, etc.  I should mention that during performance,
if you slow the tempo dramatically, your loops will take on a grainy
quality - even new tracks laid over the existing ones.  Sometimes
starting a 'fresh' loop is the only way to get rid of that.  I haven't
seen comments about this 'feechur' on the list before.  Maybe that
should be a separate thread.

The Repeater worked flawlessly Friday night in my first public looping
gig with Kim Galibert and Hot Bitch Arsenal.  Boy was that fun!

Dan Ash
White Plains, NY