Re: Zappas' guitar playing: was: What a loop has to say

Zappa.  I really miss his presence as a musical satirist during these
bush years.  He had the audience and independent clout to speak out.
Kinda disappointing that the major musical voice of dissension this
millenium has been The Dixie Chicks :-)

I was thinking how one of his quotes was appropriate to our recent
'effects vs pure instrument' debate.  He once said, "The ULTIMATE RULE
ought to be: If it sounds GOOD to YOU, it's bitchin'; if it sounds BAD
to YOU, it's shitty."  I like that.  The 2nd Zappa album I got was the
'Shut Up n Play Yer Guitar' box set.  I liked it but it never really
grabbed me...I love his work as a composer much more than as a guitar
player.

Dennis