RC-50 Users Must Be Busy

Hi:

I can't believe the RC-50 talk died off so quick. I'm assuming the users
are busy as bees with their new toy. I had the opportunity to use mine
twice (only) so far for practice only. I thought it was a fairly intuitive
unit (if one does a modicum of study of the manual) and was looping in a
matter of minutes. The most difficult thing I encountered was figuring how
to connect the looper to my sound environment. I wanted to hook it to my
patchbay so I could route a variety of synths and my guitar to it but my
mixer (Onyx) doesn't have true sends (there s a DB-25 connecter to
multiple 1/4 inch out snake that needs purchased).

I ended up routing the output of my amp (Cyber Twin) to the RC-50's mike
connect using the XLR input. and routing the Main outs to a stereo input
on my mixer.

I 'think' I noticed the glitch someone else mentioned at the beginning of
the recorded loop the first time around but it happens so quick and
disappears that I haven't found it to be a problem (yet).

It seems like the overdubs get a tad muddy rather quickly but the quality
is still not half bad. I still have level issues I need to work out - I'm
not sure if I'm sending too hot a signal into the RC-50 or if it's the
quirk of the unit.

All & all, though, I'm happy with the RC-50. For its price point, it's got
a lot going for it.

--
Paul Richards