Re: Addressing a single Echoplex in a Stereo Setup

OH MY GOD Claude!!! THATS COMPLEX!!!!
Jeez, I was saving up for a second EDP (anyone got one going cheap?)just
so
i could do what Clint described... as in NOT have them working in
stereo...
wondering whether to bother now...!!!

Now before I go to the manual (and I DO realise that you are one of the
EDP
Wizards Claude) but isnt there a simpler way? by setting the second EDPs
offset way outa range of the first, THEN programming a second  bank of FCB
pedals to do what you want.. then you need a way to whizz back to stereo
operation..(have to look that one up) but then the first FCB bank will
control both EDP's... wont it???

To summerise, FCB bank one controls EDP 1 AND both in stereo. FCB bank two
controls EDP bank 2.

MArk

Subject: Re: Addressing a single Echoplex in a Stereo Setup

> this hasnt been discussed before so you did search :=)
>
> It is possible but probably not with the fcb and not for the midi
>beginner
>
> 0- you need a midi controler that can send sys ex
> 1- you need to set the edp's on a different sys ex device ID nb p 10-6
> edp+ manual
> 2- by sending the apropriate sys ex message you can change the mid chan
> recieve in one of the pair to make them respond to different channels
> example: if you have edp A dev id 1 edp B dev id 2 both on midi chan 1
>
> from the sys ex manual: global data :F0 00 01 30 0B dev vers 11 from
> length pset val_1 .. val_n F7
>
> dev: device id. we want to talk to edp B so 2
> version :01
> 11 . means global params data.
> from: The global parameters index nb. Midi chan is index 2 so we enter 2
> lenght: we send only one param value starting from the index nb so we
> enter 1
> pset :for future use: 7F
> val: we want to set edp B to mid chan 2 so we enter 1 (chan 1 is entered
> 0)
> F7 end of exclusive
> the complete message in hexadecimal
>
> F0 00 01 30 0B 02 01 11 01 01 7f 01 F7
>
> 3- once you have sent this message edp A is on ch 1 and B on ch 2
>
> 4- set your commands on your midi controler to access the edp you want
>by
> channel (create a second set of commands adressing midi chan 2)
>
> 5- to come back to stereo operation :F0 00 01 30 0B 02 01 11 01 01 7f 00
> F7
>

> hope this can help
>
> Claude

It has removed 16057 spam emails to date.