Re: beatsync filters

On 18 jun 2006, at 23.57, rune fagereng wrote:

> I am looking for beatsyncing filter/sweaps-effects for my guitar-rig.
> Does anyone have experience with the kaoss pad, roger mayer voodoo,
> or adrennalinn ? Or any other good filters ?

Hi Rune!

I have an Akai MFC 42, that I think sounds great!
http://namm.harmony-central.com/SNAMM01/Content/Akai/PR/MFC42.html

Here's an online clip where I play guitar though it, adding a subtle
beat synced slow phasing effect:
http://cdbaby.com/mp3lofi/loopersdelight-15.m3u

This second example is not beat synced. Here I play it with my foot,
like a wha pedal controlled from one of the FCB1010 MIDI expression
pedals:
http://www.looproom.com/audio/ocl/Organisational_Archeology_clip.mp3

Another cool trick with an FCB and the AKai filter-bank is to assign
one expression pedal to the tempo beat divisor. Then you can move
your foot to sweep through all counter-rhythms from a one bar
frequency to 64ths something. I don't have any recording online of
that, but I guess you can imagine the sound.

Greetings from Sweden

Per Boysen
www.boysen.se (Swedish)
www.looproom.com (international)