RE: Vox Tonelab (was: FOR SALE: Mesa Boogie Mark I Combo Amp)

Oh my, oh my, oh my -- what in the world have I gotten myself into now...

Welp, Mark, based on yours and Bill's impression of the Tonelab --
both here now as well as in the past -- I finally got myself down to
the local guitar megagoogleplex today, and picked up a Tonelab of my
very own.  Now, I've spent the last, ohhhhhhh, let's say SEVEN HOURS
just running through tweezing the presets and basking in all of its
new gear, glowing tube goodiness.

And all I can say right now is: wow!  This is much, much more than I
bargained for.

I'd merely been thinking of something to punch up a somewhat flat
powered monitor; something that could be dropped in as the last stage
with a "set it and forget it" preset just to add some more warmth and
dynamics to the overall mix.  Okay, the Tonelab doesn't seem like
it's going to fit the bill for that, and right now I really don't
care.  I'm now in the process of rearchitecting my pedalboard's
signal path so that I can actually take better advantage of all the
different tones which the little blue meanie is capable.

My only regret is that it's gonna take me a year to really get my
head around all the nuances within this box.  Sure, the presets
themselves are a snap, but since each of the different models really
seem to play like real amps, its almost like learning each one as a
new instrument.

Very, very kewl box.  Thanks again for the recommendation, guys!!!

        --m.