Re: Eventide Time Factor

Hi Chris,
Just spotted your email again, I'd kept it from a while ago.

Firstly, the TimeFactor is (in my view) an exceptional delay pedal with
incredibly good sounding delay models, great flexibility and lots of
options
for external control (MIDI, very flexibly assignable external footswitches
and expression pedal). It isn't primarily a looper, although for a 12
second
unit, it is very well featured with various play and overdub modes, loop
feedback and filtering that can be changed on the fly or via
footswitches/pedal. It can shift the loop very flexibly too to quarter
speed
(48 seconds), or in fifths, semitones, octaves, etc. you can move the
start
& end points of a loop (again with external control (or MIDDI). There is a
glitch at the loop crossover point which has improved a little with a
software revision but I'd really need it to be silent otherwise the glitch
intrudes upon notes that cross over the loop point. The looper is in mono
and doesn't have a delay of its own (unfortunately). Usefully, you can
save
the looper as a programme and as such, can save different versions with
different settings.

I am just starting to use the looper a little but mainly use it for all
its
wonderful delays and controllability. One of the most important things
about
this unit is that it has a USB port and is already being upgraded, V2(beta
version so far) already fixes some major limitations of V1. To have a
pedal
where the manufacturer seem to be taking upgrades very seriously is great
(and about time too). It is expensive. One critisism I do have (which
cannot
be mended in an upgrade) is that the box is a couple of inches shorter
than
I'd like - I find the footswitches closer together than I like.

Hope that's useful info.

Ian.