fcb1010 expression b still not working for volume!

hey guys

sorry to bother with all this out of date stuff.  i feel like i'm beating a dead horse
but just got this new pedal and can't wait to make it work properly.

so my feed back pedal (exp. a) is working great, i programmed it from 0-127 no prob.  the
feedback number in the echoplex is set at 1.

exp. pedal b however is not working for the life of me.  i'm trying to get it to work volume and
the volume number in the echoplex is 7 (a strange number) and i did almost exactly the same
thing with the exception of getting patch number 9 to blink????

i've been messing around with this pedal for the last 10 hours and very frustrated!  please help!!