Re: Looping (what else!) questions..Human Prepared Piano!

Hi Alex,
whow, you got yourself into a challenging situation here...
Concert grands have a range which produces fundamentals from 16-something
up  to more than 4000 Hz. So generally, these low frequencies will be a
problem for your P.A., your microphone and possibly your audio interface
as well. So I sure hope your composition can live without the fundamentals
of the lower one and a half octaves being properly reproduced...
Any microphony which is meant to minimize crosstalk from the P.A. will
consist of (at least) two (identical) microphones. The general approaches
I'm aware of which also have good properties regarding minimized crosstalk
include:
          * two microphones below the soundboard (one on the left, one on
the right)
          * two microphones above the soundboard.

In direct comparison, the "below" approach tends to have a more "round"
sound. The huge disadvantage for your application is that you loose any
detail of percussive effects happening inside the piano (e.g. the
transients of somebody plucking a string or something), and I believe that
these are an important part of your composition.
With the mics from above, a problem in your case is that they might get in
the way of the performer when she's playing inside the piano.
Generally, I wouldn't see a good way to do this with the microphones at
your disposal. Do you see a chance that you could borrow a pair of
half-omni PZMs to be placed on top of the piano's soundboard? With that,
you don't have the problem that they get in the way of the performer too
much, pickup of sound from the P.A. is minimized, and as they are
(half-)omnis, low-end reproduction is usually far better compared to
cardioids and the like.
I hope you will be recording the performance (another tricky part...)
Best,
                 Rainer