Re: Let's complain to Roland en masse! (was Re: Boss RC50 delay issues)

I'm down with this Tom... the RC-50, while my main looper at this point, is really annoying because of the glitches, midi sync and time stretching.

which do you think would be more effective, a class action letter from a lawyer or the website? or both have to happen?
The suit is a good idea because, after all, their own marketing blurbs tout all those features as key reasons why to buy the thing.

teddy k

On Feb 26, 2008, at 2:01 PM, Tom Ritchford wrote:

On Tue, Feb 26, 2008 at 4:34 AM, doc rossi <docittern@gmail.com> wrote:
On Feb 26, 2008, at 9:24 AM, Tom Ritchford wrote:

> If we make a big fuss, saying, "YOUR UNIT HAS SERIOUS ISSUES AND YOU
> WON'T FIX THEM" then it will be bad PR for them.  at least we get to
> cost them some $$$....  because if people really believe "they make
> crappy products they won't support" then they won't buy them!

I appreciate the idea, but I'm not sure they are worried about PR -

There isn't a company in the world that sells to consumers that isn't worried about PR.  I mean, they care enough to put out their own magazine.

Believe you me, this is the sort of conversation that companies are terrified of:

"I'm going to get a Roland xxx"
"Oh, my friend had endless trouble with Roland's yyy -- don't do it."

Whole companies have collapsed based on that sort of thing.

If you read the explanation from tech support, it's really dishonest.  They don't want to fix their old products because they're busy making new products.  In other words, it's a massive con to get your money with products that don't work, and they'll never fix.

So.  I'll set up the domain, and make some movies.  My movies probably won't come for a week, as even though I have a nice camera, it stays near the gig....  so get on your movies.

I'm also realizing that it might be fun to sue them in small claims court... as it isn't very time-consuming for me, and they probably won't show up to contest it.

I have a particular hatred of being ripped off by large corporations because you know they're doing it to thousands of others.