RE: mr bungle

on recordings Patton can be annoying, but it sounds like he'd be a lot of
fun to see in
concert.

** patton's two solo efforts on tzadik are pretty different - - and pretty
interesting. adult themes for voice and microphone is a pretty extreme
record (imho). the second is much less extreme and he doesn't really do
any/much vocalization on it at all - - mostly just electronics. worth
checking out.

Regarding Zorn, has anyone else noticed that while much of his stuff is
indeed obnoxious, some of it is absolutely brilliant and tasteful. But I
find this inconsistency really steers me away from purchasing his CD's
because they're such a crap-shoot, sometimes literally.

** the funny thing about zorn is that he does so much stuff. i don't even
pretend to like or even to have heard everything that he has done. he seems
to have a pretty fertile imagination - - whether or not any of us think
that
it's crap or not. masada, naked city, spy vs. spy, quartets for the kronos
quartet and news for lulu are all very different sounding projects. my
guess
is that you sort of have to pick and choose what it is that you might like
.
. . or not.

stig