Re: "individualizing" music

>I consider the Grunge trend an outgrowth of '77 Punk, which btw is pretty
>well-documented in the documentary "The Year Punk Broke", featuring Sonic
>Youth and Nirvana on tour. It took Amerika 10-15 years to really "get it".

You're right. There are a lot of similarities between the punk movement
and
the whole early 90's "alternative" thing (including the rave movement).
It's
kind of like "punk for a new generation" becuase a sizeable chunk of
people
putting out music now were too young to have been influenced by punk as it
happened. I was 2. 30 year old musicians today were 9. 20 year old
musicians
today were -3.  A lot of us didn't know about punk until the whole
"alternative" craze was subsiding.

I have to admit I'm guilty of making generalizations when it comes to
these
things. Oh well, sorry about that, but I believe that a lot us needed that
second "punk" movement.

Mr.