Re: Trace Echoplex?

Friends:

Haven't heard tell of this on the list yet -- if I should have heard,
boo on me and apologies in advance. On the Gibson website's forum, we
read this thread from 11 November '99:

"Posted by relations@gibson.com on November 11, 1999 at 17:19:03:

13:28:45:

: I am curious about the state of the reissued ex-oberheim echoplex. At
last posting, I was told that the new model would be released around
September or October. Any information?
That boomerang is looking better every month. Thanks. Jeff
:

:
Jeff, the Echoplex has been taken over by the Trace Elliot division. I
will contact them and see if they have a production date for us.

cma"

I must say I'm heartened by this development, if it's not a corporate
head-fake. Trace Elliot has a decent rep for quality; I found their
larger amps underwhelming but a loop-enabled amp would be just shy of
overwhelming. Provided Trace Elliot doesn't go the way of Opcode (past
decisions _do_ have repercussions, in business as elsewhere), maybe
there's hope yet for us holdouts. Since this list is a poor substitute
for a non-disclosure agreement, Kim probably can offer no comment...can
you?

   ~      > --- James Keepnews --- <  "Don't quote anybody, Sir!"
 (.-.)    > -- Multimedia Yahoo -- <
    \                 *                           -- Krishnamurti
   -      > -  keepnews@node.net - <

P.S. Hope my sig file no longer messes with the digest layout. If it
does, I'm back to smoke signals and body language.