Re: whammy pedals /true tremolo

Darrell Jones wrote:
> These are not real Steinbergers!!!

This may be a silly question but is that true? Has anyone actually seen
these models *anywhere* else or bought one from Musicyo.com.

I noticed that they are labeled Spirit but the web site clearly says
they are Steinbergers. I also noted the web site mentions the double
ball strings and tremelo system but sorely neglects to mention whether
they are graphite necks or not which IMO is the main charateristic that
separates Steinberger from steinberger copy basses and guitars. I can
find no information on this line anywhere on the net. I hit up the
Gibson page and Steinbereger isn't even linked there anymore; who is now
manufacturing Steinberger guitars. Anyone?

I have an Arbor bass "steinberger copy" and have to say I think it's a
great bass period and especially worth it for the price. I woudln't say
it's the same as a Steinberger though, the neck is wood and that's
clearly one big difference but for $229 new even for a copy that seems
like a damn good price.

Any help appreciated.

     HELP WANTED PRODUCTIONS - Http://www.voicenet.com/~legion
"Bringing you the best in Organic Electronic music since we started..."

Home of the Unusual Instrument and Recording Gallery with pictures and
info of Tube recorders, Omnichords, weird guitars, Casios, and more.